It's now officially the run up to christmas! John Lewis has already launched their christmas advert and we expect if you have a shop presence no doubt you will have already put up your Christmas decorations.
And what about your Ecommerce website and online shop?
Turn browsers into buyers with these digital marketing tips for your ecommerce website this Christmas time
1) Ensure you 'decorate' your homepage and landing pages to inspire your visitors to take action. Your home page is your shop window in the online world and it should be no different from a high street shop window.
Invest in some great Christmas themed banners promoting your top 5 products and key messages over this festive period, this is a great way of showing your customers that you and your website are ready for the Christmas purchases. Your customers are in the Christmas mood to shop and expect your website to be in the festive mood too.
2) Use a countdown to Christmas. Amazon currently has a "how many sleeps til Christmas" banner, so if it works for them it will probably work for you. Show your last delivery date - experience shows this helps generate urgency and motivate your visitors to buy before it's too late.
3) Make it easy for them to buy and inspire them with ideas such as a Secret Santa department etc. Take a look at John Lewis who always seem to get it right year after year.
4) Bundle up gift ideas and as we all love a deal at Christmas promote your products with incentives such as buy one get one half price etc. If you haven't already spoken to us about our ecommerce advanced discount module then now's the time, so you can take advantage of this powerful way of increasing your basket order values.
5) Review your checkout process. Think about how it works and how it can be made easier? Look at your sales funnel, where are they dropping out in the buying timeline? What about follow up emails for people leaving products in their basket?
Simple things like incorporating a "post code look up" has been shown to reduce checkout abandonment by speeding up the checkout process and reducing errors.
6) No-one wants to browse a slow website. Make your website work faster and load faster. This means that not only will your customers enjoy a quicker browsing experience but you will also earn extra kudos with Google as page speed is a core part of their algorithm with 'faster' websites being ranked higher.
Talk to us about how we can test to see how fast, or slow, your website is and what we can do to make it run faster.
7) Don't forget to tell your customers about your Christmas Deals and products. Spread the word using tried and tested methods such as email marketing and social media. And remember to add great content to your blog about your top selling products, delivery, returns etc.
8) There's still time to review the SEO of your main pages and top selling products. It's so important to ensure you are being picked up by Google and are ranking well for your chosen keywords.
What can be improved? Review titles, meta descriptions, ensure the pages and product pages have relevant information and keywords for Google to pick up. Are the keywords still relevant and do you have new keywords to be considered and planned for. Adding quality content to your website about your important products works hand in hand with SEO, a great content marketing plan can help you achieve better rankings than just SEO in isolation.
9) What about entrance or exit capture? This is a great promotional tool. Ideas on entrance such as offering a discount if they sign up to your email newsletter enabling you to market your fantastic offers and deals over the Christmas period. Also consider offering enticing deals to those about to leave your site to encourage them to buy.
10) Finally, if we have helped you generate more sales by using our tips shown above then to help you with the delivery of all these extra parcels we have negotiated a fantastic rate with Global Freight Solutions where you can get an additional 10% discount off their already low delivery rates for sending parcels by using our special discount code of NETDIGITAL10. Read more.
Top tips for Xmas Digital Marketing ideas
Christmas is set to be another booming time for online sales and it's a real opportunity to have a successful ecommerce selling period.
Talk to Net Digital Bristol today or contact us.